Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Testimonies and Tongan Food

Bula family & friends! Hope everyone has had a great week!

I wrote out my normal 5 page sermon but as I tried to send it there was an error. I am taking this to mean a simple testimony will suffice for this week.

I want each of you to know that I truly love you. I know that we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father. We are here because of His unending love. The purpose of this life is to prepare to meet Him again. And this is best accomplished as we make and keep covenants and focus on the salvation of those around us. I cannot put into words my feelings for the Saviour, Jesus Christ. He is my dearest Friend. I know that His sacrifice is whole. I know that "it is finished" and "He is risen". The reality of the resurrected Saviour living this very day continues to be manifested to my heart each time I testify of Him. I know He lives and that none of us can comprehend what He has done and how He loves us. I testify that covenants and ordinances provide us access to the healing power of the Atonement. I recognize our constant need for the Saviour and glory in the divine design of the Gospel. I know that as we strive to live it more perfectly, we can be enabled and changed.

I testify of the divine mission of the Prophet Joseph Smith. He truly saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. He could not deny it, and after many prayers pleading to know the truth, I cannot deny it either. I add my testimony to his and countless others of the Book of Mormon. I know it contains the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and draws human souls closer to their Creator. I know that through the Book of Mormon and modern revelation, we have the same principles and ordinances that Jesus Christ himself established on the Earth. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a living Prophet of God this very day. I know that the work done in the temple is sacred, real, and that it is necessary for our salvation and the salvation of those we love.

I love my Heavenly Father. He has heard and answered countless prayers and continues to do so. I love my Saviour, Jesus Christ. He walked the path before me and now walks it again, leading me by the hand. I love the Gospel. I know it is true.

I say these things in the name of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.


WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS!

-We saw the Fijian family again this week and had a wonderful lesson with them. They are so loving and kind. We know we will have to work really hard with this family as they do not realize that they want to change religions haha. But they love to learn and ask questions. They also love to share their testimonies. We are so excited to continue working with them.

-LISA CAME TO CHURCH AND STAYED FOR THREE HOURS!!!!!!!! YAY. Miracle. We had been trying to contact her all week with no luck and we were getting worried. But we were so happy when we saw her beautiful, glowing face walk into church on Sunday. She let us know what had been going on all week and seemed to love coming to church.

-Jason! We had the best lesson with him yesterday. We read Alma 36: 12 - 21 and he began to weep as we read. He said he could identify with how Alma felt and he said he knows that the Book of Mormon is true. He has so many concerns as he has been hurt in the past so many times. He is filled with anger right now but he cannot deny the feelings he has about the things we've taught him. We are so grateful for the spirit and the role it plays in conversion. He is praying about baptism and it's something that he wants to work towards although he was not ready to commit to a specific date yesterday.

-I get to live with this ray of St. George sunshine. #merica Such a blessing. She cracks me up and is always leaving me notes, quoting Disney channel, and giving me the best advice.



-My Christmas package from the Florida Fishes came in the mail! :) That was such a wonderful delight! How grateful I am to be in the PCB ward.

-Here's your weekly Toukley beach picture! It's always my favourite!



-The zone leaders got me a cute lil Book of Mormon when they went to the mission office and I think it's my favourite thing in the world. I am constantly reading it.


-Last night a Tongan lady from the other sister's ward dropped off some food for all four of us. I was pretty excited because sometimes I'm confused and I think I'm a Tongan. Next thing I know, I open the food and see CURRY AND CASSAVA made just like at home!  Didn't even know that was Polynesian food. No worries mom, yours is still the best but it was pretty amazing to have a meal that was so familiar.

Well I hope you all have an amazing week! I'm so grateful for all of your love & support. Please know that you have mine. You are always in my prayers. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help in any way.

Au lomani iko!
SF

No comments:

Post a Comment