Monday, September 7, 2015

#palangi4days

[note - palangi is a Samoan word for European or White]

Hello family & friends!

Another wonderful week in Emu Plains! This week the work has been slow and steady. My companion and I have had to put in a lot of work, but obedience and hope brought miracles! We were so blessed to meet some lovely people this week who are truly being prepared to recieve the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

HEAPS of rejection + not giving up = those glorious moments when you find a soul who is searching for truth. We are so excited about the work here. 

I don't know how to explain it, but I can literally feel that something incredible will happen here. I know that Emu Plains has been one of the slower areas for the work, but things are changing. Just typing this makes my heart race! It's like I can feel the tide rising here, the waves are about to come in and break along the shore. I know that people are being prepared. I know that people are prepared. I know that people are searching, and that they will receive us when we find them. I know that a lot depends on the missionaries and the members right now. This is a time for exact obedience. This is a time for hard work. This is a time for faith, hope, charity, and love, with an eye single to glory of God.

I understand more than ever that our personal worthiness will greatly influence what happens over these next few months. I feel so strongly that if we are sanctified and consecrated, amazing things are about to happen. It is my prayer that I will be able to help Sister Eteaki feel the gravity of this. She has just come in, she has never worked so hard, and she wasn't expecting missionary work to be quite like this. But she is truly a disciple. She is so willing to give of herself. She is adjusting so well to this wonderful, trying, challenging, amazing work. I'm so grateful that I get to learn and grow with her.

"And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth" -John 17:19. 

I know that as we sacrifice and sanctify ourselves, others will be blessed. I know that exact obedience is true freedom. I know that yielding our hearts to Heavenly Father is the only way to truly change our nature. I know that as we align our will with His, true peace will enter into our lives. 

I love this work. I love these people. I know who they are. They are my family. They mean so much to my Father in Heaven & therefore they mean so much to me. I want them to know about Jesus Christ and what He's done for us. I want them to feel the joy of the gospel. I want them to have answers to their deepest questions of the soul. I want to sanctify myself so that I can give them the best opportunity, and the chance that they deserve, to hear the message of the Gospel.

"Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men, and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" ( -D&C 4:1, Eth 4:14, + Sister Conrad)

I love you all. Please never lose sight of what's really important. 

WEEKLY HIGHTLIGHTS!

-Finding Lisa Marie! Please keep her in your prayers.

-My companion is hilarious and tells me heaps of stories about Tonga and I can't wait to go visit her there. Also she's taught me heaps of words and it's my favorite when she's talking to Sis Piutau and I can understand her.

-Brother Burgess (our WML) is SMASHING the work with us. We got a weekly rescue nights started with the ward and it has been such a success!

-Penrith Sisters are such a joy to share a flat with. I love them.

-I was making Sis Eteaki make some phone calls and she was so nervous. She was calling one of the RM's from our ward and she started leaving him a voicemail and I was like "Um, what is she doing LOL he answered the phone" but I just let it happen because I was cracking up. And then after she finishes her little voicemail. Jayden goes "Um, Hi Sisters. This isn't a voicemail." And she freaks out. She was so embarrassed but it was so hilarious. We had a good laugh. 

Blue Mountains


Hiking in the blue mountains


Sister Eteaki was cracking up at me reading from a German B.O.M.

 
Sister Piutau (heart emojis)


Love you all so much! Have a great week.
Love you HEAPS! 
Ofa atu,
SF


No comments:

Post a Comment