Monday, February 1, 2016

"You Can DO IT!" -Sister Mapuhi Every Day

Bonjour family & friends!

I hope everyone has had an amazing week.

Look, let me be upfront. I don't have pictures again. I'm so sorry. It kills me because I have the cutest pictures with kangaroos and my new companion and beautiful Australian landscapes. But in the words of Chelsea Nadine Wiser "Patience is the key to life." & I anxiously await getting a new SD card reader so that I may overwhelm you all with heaps of pictures.

(Note: Finally got the pictures:)






Charlestown is INCREDIBLE! I am in love. The people are so friendly, the ward is fantastic, the work is picking up quickly, my companion is a delight, and the views do not disappoint. It is such a blessing to be in this area! 

Sister Mapuhi and I are really focusing on working with the members. (Emu Plains flashback anyone?) They are so lovely and so ready to do missionary work. We are just focusing on how we can help them develop the skills that will help them feel confident to get started. 

I have clung to the words of Doctrine and Covenants section 1 verse 23 this week: "That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world.."

I have come to know more than ever that I am so weak. I am so simple. So easy to err, so quick to emotion, so inclined to doubt. But I have also come to know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ can make something out of a sinner like me. Without His Atonement, I am nothing. With His Atonement, I can be anything He needs me to be. I have seen miracles worked as I have accepted my flaws and allowed the Saviour to work through me. 

Sister Mapuhi has taught me so much about humility. She glows with love for the Saviour. When we walk out of a great lesson, her first words are gratitude for the power of the spirit, not praise for herself or her companion. She has reinforced what I have learned by revelation and painful experience: we CANNOT do this work by ourselves.

I know that missionary work is the most eternally significant work in time and eternity. God's work and glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. We all need to be engaged in supporting Him in this work. I know that if we will simply desire join the ranks and submit our will to our Heavenly Father, He will make devoted disciples out of fallen flesh. 

I love you all so much. Please remember your potential to change the lives of those around you. 

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS!


-Thank you all for the halfway mark photos!!! I love you so much and am so grateful to be from the PCB ward. Can't believe we're already half way!


-My companion is absolutely adorable and teaching me so much.

-So many miracles. One is that we went to visit a former on Saturday and ended up doing service for him. We mowed his lawn and helped him prepare for the storm (that still hasn't come). He then came to church on Sunday! We were so happy to see him.


-Charlestown is beautiful.


Have a great week everyone!
Je t'aime,
SF

No comments:

Post a Comment