Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Refiner's Fire

Hello family and friends!

I hope you all have had an amazing week. It's been a very rewarding week here in Emu Plains.

This week was wonderfully challenging. It was another refiner's fire week. I always find myself with a heart full of gratitude at the end of a hard week. I'd love to tell you all that missionary work is all sunshine and rainbows, but that would be unfair and unnecessary. Why not acknowledge one of the most wonderful things about Heavenly Father's inspired missionary program? One of the most wonderful things about missionary work (and life in general) is that it stretches you and pushes you. It gives you opportunities to be stripped of the natural man and humbles you down to your knees. It reminds you of how much you need your Father in Heaven and the Atonement of our beloved Saviour, Jesus Christ. 

I cherish these tough moments. The moments that remind us of who we truly are. It's in those tough times, the times when the heat gets turned up and your not quite sure how much you can take, it's during those times when I remember. I remember that at the end of the day, it's me and Him. It's me and the Saviour working side by side. He is who matters most. Every move I make, every breath I take (sorry for quoting that song lol) needs to be dedicated to the Saviour. Because His every move, and His every breath was perfectly and wholly dedicated to us.

I want you all to know that your Heavenly Father, and the Saviour, Jesus Christ, care so much about you. They don't just care about what you do. They care about how you feel.  They care about each moment of each day that you have or or will experience in mortality and throughout the eternities. They are on your side. They are rooting for you. They are rejoicing with you, and they are weeping with you. They have created a plan YOU. And of course, because they love you, they have created that plan in your favour. They devote all their attention to helping you along the way. Their greatest desire is that you, and all of us, receive eternal joy.  

The Saviour suffered all things, that we might be whole. He suffered for our sins, He suffered for our pains. He has felt every trial you ever have or ever will go through. But He did not wash His hands of us after He made the ultimate sacrifice. He continues, in this very moment to labour for and with you. He has His sleeves rolled up and He desires to be involved in every aspect of our life if we will allow Him. He wants to be there for us.

You are more infinitely importantly and perfectly loved than you can comprehend. You are probably doing much better at this whole life thing than you think you are. Never forget that life is hard sometimes. But Heavenly Father understands that. He also understands your potential. He understands what you are capable of if you give your heart to Him. That's why He sent His son. So that you can not only be clean, but you can be changed. The Refiner puts us in the heat until He can see His own reflection in His work. 

All these blessings await us. All the help of loving Heavenly Father is available to us if we but keep that covenant we have made to ALWAYS remember His son and let our love for Him shape and mold our every though, decision, and action. 

I am so grateful for experiences that help me remember and strengthen my testimony of these things. I know that this is true and I know that each of you can come to know this more fully as you lean on the Saviour and stay close to your Heavenly Father in prayer through the good and the bad that life has to offer. I can testify, that in the eternal scheme of things, it is all for your good. (D&C 122:7-8)

(Disclaimer: please don't worry about me though. I am so happy and everything really is amazing! I truly am grateful for EVERY aspect of missionary work. I hope no worries come from me sharing what I have learned from this week.)

I have no time for weekly highlights. My apologies to all who like to skip the spiritual stuff, ahah. Love you all so much! Have a fabulous week.

Ofa atu,

SF

No comments:

Post a Comment