Monday, November 2, 2015

Touk(ley) Long Enough

Hello family & friends!!!!!

I hope you all have had an absolutely wonderful week. Things have been great down here in Emu Plains!

It was a week full of trials, and required lots of pushing! But Sister Eteaki and I truly felt so blessed. By the end of the week, we really saw the abundant fruits of our imperfect labours. Every sacrifice, every moment of fatigue, every rejection, every head ache and every heart ache are truly absolutely nothing compared to the blessings that our Heavenly Father's has in store. If I've learned one thing this week, it's to PUSH YOURSELF. Even when you think you might faint, even when you have a good reason to slow down. Just push. Just trust. Just feed your faith and starve your doubts. Just love wholly and unconditionally and let that love drive you.

It's time to go.
We were blessed to see so much progress with the people we are working with. I will love these people for the rest of eternity. They are beautiful people who seek truth. Their hearts have been touched by gospel truths and I anxiously await the day I get to see them in white. Whether that be at a baptismal font, inside the temple, or at the feet of our Saviour in the life to come, I do not know. But what I do know is that one day I will see each and every one of these brothers & sisters of mine, radiant with the love of the Saviour, clean from past mistakes, and dressed in white.

This week, we got some pretty sad news. After 6 months of learning, teaching, growing, and loving, I've been asked to move on.

On the transfer call, it sounded like I was staying and the ward was just getting Elders. But next thing I know I hear my name. I was surprised but very excited! Then, even more surprising, we hear Sister Eteaki's name. We are both leaving and the ward is getting Elders. We put in a request for Elders thinking we'd get both, but to the ward's surprise, they are taking us out instead. At first I was pretty devastated because I really wanted Sister Eteaki to stay and carry out our work. But then I remembered this isn't really our work at all. It's the Lord's work. It always has been and it always will be. These Elders will be just as entitled to the Spirit as we are and that makes them just as capable. As sad as it is, I know that this is Heavenly Father's will for the Lord. And I feel in my heart they've been sent here for specific people. I'm excited to see the work that they do.

So you are probably wondering, "Where is Sister Froemming now?"

CENTRAL COAST BABY!!!! I'm in an area called Toukley. It's a beautiful beach town.

I'm in heaven.
 The area is pretty large and full of potential. My understanding is that it's basically just like Emu Plains (older, Aussie, small ward) but by the water. I can't wait to dive in to the work. I feel like Emu Plains was the perfect foundation to prepare me for this ward. I know that if I rely on the Spirit, I can apply everything Heavenly Father has taught me about how to work with the ward.

My companion is the lovely Sister Koi. She is from Fiji and she's a SMASH missionary. I can feel it. She came in with Sister Eteaki so I already new a bit about her as I was able to be at her arrivals training and hear her bear her testimony. I'm so grateful to get to work with her! I know I have HEAPS to learn from this Sister.

Leaving Emu Plains was hard. I've fallen in love with these people. Our investigators, less actives, and members have such a special place in my heart. I've been able to develop such special relationships over these last 6 months. BUT, I'm so excited to experience this change. I know it is time.

On Sunday one of our members came up to us and gave us a referral which is for a grandchild who's parents who have finally agreed to let him get baptised. They have been waiting years for this and are so excited. When they came up to us, my heart dropped. I was so sad at first. But then a sense of peace washed over me. I knew this young man needed the elders. I feel so happy about the growth we've seen in Emu Plains. It's been a pleasure to labour there. I know there is so much more I could've done, so much more of myself I could've given, but I feel peaceful. I know the Lord has accepted my sacrifice there.

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS!!!!

-I LOVE the sisters I've been blessed to live with over the past two transfers. Sister Piutau, Sister Salvador, and Sister Wilson will always have my heart. So many laughs, and counsel, and tears, and fun times. It has been such a blessing to come home at the end of the day to two sisters who understand missionary work and are always their to lift you. I can't even begin to count all the good times we've had. Such a blessing of the mission.

-I LOVE the ward. Saying goodbye was sad but wonderful. Some of the members in particular are so dear to me. I will be writing, and visiting them forever!

-Sister Eteaki and I are in the same District LOL YAY!!!! Also Sister Hosea is our Travelling Sister so I'm pretty pumped for trade offs. #familyaffair

-MADELINE!!!! She's on this email lol but I don't care (Hope you are embarrassed Maddy hahah). She is one of the members who was baptised when Sister Hosea was there before I came. I've never met such a wonderful, intelligent, genuine young lady. I'm so blessed to know her. She thinks for herself, she knows her Heavenly Father, she loves truth, and she works hard to find it. #missionfriendsthatlast #thanksforalwaysbaking

-Nancy. She is a miracle. She and her husband are beginning to read the Book of Mormon. I can't wait to see their progress.

-I have loved EVERY MOMENT with my daughter (Sister Eteaki). I genuinely mean that. She is a delight. Such a pleasure to learn and grow from her. She has taught me so much. She is so Christlike and genuine and funny and lovely.

Well, I love you all and I hope you have a great week! I plead with you to center your life around the Saviour, Jesus Christ. Strive to master the basic principles of the Gospel: scripture study, prayer, church attendance, obedience to God's commandments. I know that as you do, you will feel the peace of living the Gospel. No matter what comes your way, you can feel safe and sure. You can feel the love of the Saviour more abundantly and more confidence as you approach your Father in Heaven in prayer.

I LOVE YOU HEAPS!!!!!
SF

No comments:

Post a Comment