Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Hallelujah!

Sawadee ka  family & friends! :) 

(Sawadee ka is the female version of a greeting that can be used to say hello, good day, good morning, good afternoon and goodbye)

I hope you have all had a fantastic week! 

Charlestown has been wonderful! I love my companion, Sister Panmongkol. It's amazing how well we work together. She is so patient with me. We come from very different places, but we are united in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! 


Being with Sister Panmongkol has brought a lot of reflection. We arrived in Australia at the same time, so we've been catching up on each other's missions. We've been comparing how we've changed since we've arrived. Once we got past the obvious (mission weight, and eternal under eye bags) we began to really see the change that we've had in our hearts. And it has been so gradual that we almost didn't realize it was mighty.

I can honestly say that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is transformational. When I look back at who I once was, I hardly recognize myself. And I see it in so many others too. I think of the beautiful investigators, less actives,recent converts, and missionaries I've been so blessed to know over these past 10 months. Each of them are living proof of the power of Christ's Atonement. 

I testify that there is no "too far gone". There is no "this is just the way I am. There is no "they will never change." 

There is always hope

I hope you can feel the fiery spirit that I feel about this. Repentance is real. The enabling power of the Atonement is astonishing. I experience it on an almost minutely basis (I'm working on experiencing it secondly but I'm not quite there yet). I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is for everyone. Everyone needs it. Everyone can use it. None of us deserve it, but that's how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us. 

I want to invite you all to apply Christ's Atonement more fully into your lives this Easter. Please, use it. Let Him heal you. (3 Nephi 9:13-14)

I feel it is so inspired that as I was typing this up, I received an email from my beloved Brother John Harrison. He simply sent me a scripture, one of my favourites, from John chapter 13 versus 34 through 35. "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

I pray that as we all resolve to feel Christ's love and forgiveness more in our lives, that we will be able to extend more love and forgiveness to those around us. I know that as we love those around us, we invite divine mercy into our lives. (Matt 5:7)

He loves you & so do I.

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS!
-We've met so many incredible people this week. Honestly it's unreal! I've really just fallen in love with Charlestown. There is so much to work with here! 

-My companion is the classiest Thai human being I've ever met. She's so amazing! She's been a member for two years, before she was Buddhist. (Mormons can be Buddhist too #SonsofProvo) and she's travelled the world! She is such a loving, peaceful person. I just love to be around her.


-Last week was stake conference and also Luke was able to receive the Melchizedek priesthood! This is a huge step for him in his journey. At first, he was going to have to wait until September, but President Whiting and Elder Riordan (of the Seventy who Luke calls Andrew lol) visited him. They saw his real intent and the effort that he is making and decided he is ready! It was a great day for everyone.


-Also our investigators Kurt and Jamaya came to stake conference! This was a huge step for them and they loved it! :)

-I got to jump in on a FaceTime conversation with Sister Mapuhi which was pretty wonderful :)

-Sister Panmongkol and I are getting to be pretty fantastic cooks. 

Have a fantastic week everyone!!!!

Chan rak kun, (I love you)
Sister Froemming

No comments:

Post a Comment