Monday, March 28, 2016

Nobody's Perfect

Sawadeeka family & friends! :)

What a wonderful week in Charlestown! 

This week has brought a renewed appreciation for our Saviour, Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I will never get tired of testifying of Him. The fact that he understands exactly how we feel continues to fill me with gratitude and wonder. I know that it is through covenants that we are able to have full access to His Atonement. The doctrine of Christ, as simple as it is, allows His purifying & enabling power to pour into our lives.

This week, I was blessed to go on trade off with the lovely Sister Spainhower. Her feelings for the Saviour are deep and moving. She knows who He is, and who He can help her to be. She taught me something really beautiful (besides nine of the musical transitions from Hannah Montana) as we spent time together.

She taught me that when the Saviour speaks to us in the scriptures and uses the word "perfect" it can often be replaced with "whole". In this life, we will never be perfect like Him, but as we live the Gospel, we can be made whole. I believe that the doctrine of Christ, doesn't just help us, but it completes us. I'm so grateful that Sister Spainhower beautifully unfolded this principle about the Atonement of Christ.

It is my prayer that we will never lose faith that we can make it. We can obtain eternal life. The Saviour has provided a way for each of us. Please don't lose sight of the basics. Faith, repentance, keeping covenants, and enduring to the end. It's that simple. If we can master that, we can see Heaven.

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS!

-Wow this week the hilarious side of Sister Panmongkol came out and I love it. I think she possibly made me laugh so hard I cried THREE TIMES in 48 hours. That is a record. I adore her!









-I was blessed to spend the day with the beautiful Sister Shen from China. WOW!! She is the most positive person I have ever met. She shared so many special things she has learned with me. Two of my favorite Sister Shen quotes: "Our shared belief in Jesus Christ unites us as family." (said to a potential investigator in Chinese. He translated it back for me and I was like wow she's good.)
and "Overcome trial, increase ability." Her motto. She's incredible.

-The day finally came where Sister Spainhower and I were on trade off together. I've been waiting for this moment since like the pre existance. Honestly, it was everything I'd dreamed and more. "We laughed, we cried, we felt the spirit" #JesseClarkFUN


-Hey guess what? I'm 20. I still feel like I'm simultaneously 14 and 45 so nothing much has changed. BUT it was a wonderful birthday! The missionaries that I love so dearly took great care of me. I was on trade of in the Tuggerah/Toukley flat and Sister Koi and Sister Toroca decorated the flat and baked me a cake and I woke up to a birthday present. Sister Spainhower helped me open my lovely birthday gift from my family! I was also blessed to see my mum and my pepe (Sister Hosea & Sister Eteaki haha) at a zone activity. Then Sister Panmongkol came back to Charlestown and taught one of Luke's friends, Jason. Jason brought me a cake and we ate that together and then had a wonderful lesson & all shared our feelings about the Saviour. To finish it off, Sister Panmongkol & I came home to a beautifully decorated door from the Newcastle sisters. And we ate New Zealand corn beef (aka gold) and rice. Rest assured, it was fantastic. I love being a missionary!

 
(My birthday card from Tahiti!)




-Easter was wonderful. To see the world (even Australia!) slowing down and taking just a few moments to remember Jesus Christ was very special. I love Him. & I know that He truly is risen.

I hope you all have a fantastic week. Thank you so much for your love and support.

Chan rak kun,
SF

No comments:

Post a Comment