Monday, April 4, 2016

Milk and Honey Without Price

Sawadeeka family & friends!

Hope you have all had a wonderful week! It's been great here in Charlestown. Time is flying!

This week my heart is full. How grateful I am for opposition. After a challenging week, I have even deeper feelings of gratitude for the enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. There were so many times this week when I, of my own strength, had nothing left. There were so many times this week when discouragement and darkness threatened to creep in. I felt a bit like Moses after his experience seeing the power of Satan and the matchless power of the Saviour when he said "I know that man is nothing, which thing I had never supposed." (Moses 1:10)

I know I talk about it frequently, but it's because I have learned that this enabling power is real, and accessible to all. "Behold doth he cry unto any saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price." -2 Nephi 26:25. 

I know that divine grace is real. It is for us. It is for tired mothers, for youth making tough choices, for those battling addiction, for those who struggle to forgive, for those who feel their life has gotten out of control. It's for young and old, black and white, bond and free. All we need to do to receive this blessing is believe and act. Just trust Him enough to keep going and call upon Him for strength. I've found that sometimes all He requires of me is to hope and to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I pray that you all will have an opportunity this week to experience this power. We all need it, all the time. I know that the Lord has given us this blessing so that we can have the strength we need to make it back to Him. We don't need to do it alone.

I love you all. 

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS!

-Jason! We had an opportunity to teach him yesterday and he is planning on coming to church. 

-We were able to go do some visits with Sister Osmotherly this week. She always brightens up our day. :) We never stop laughing and never stop eating cadbury.

-Interviews with President & Sister Checketts were so lovely! They are starting to feel like family. I love them dearly. 

-I'm so Thai. I eat chillies on everything now.


-We had a district lunch because our district is so multicultural and it was so fun! Asian, mexican, and polynesian food and they had me bring brownies because I'm white and no one cares what I can cook lol. (Sister Panmongkol made Thai food from a box because she doesn't know how to cook Thai food lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment