Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Parable of the Chocolate Croissants!!

Sawadeeka family & friends!

WHAT A WEEK! I hope you all had a great one too! :)

Every week, I find that there are brand new undiscovered challenges. And honestly, that can be kind of exhausting. I sometimes feel like my brain is constantly on alert for what's next. "Okay we're teaching this at 4, and we need to make sure we budget our kilometers for when we go here, and we need to make sure we update the progress record before this, and we still have to call these people.." and so on.

But I have seen time and time and time again that if we rely on Christ WE CAN DO IT! No matter what happens, no matter how impossible a task may seem, no matter how intimidating a new challenge, no matter how differently things go from our plan, we have Him. When we have good intentions and a pure heart, He stands by our side. 

Funnily enough, this lesson really hit home on Friday morning before studies. All of the sisters were making 5 star asian food, and I was baking chocolate croissants for our district lunch. I popped the nutella filled dough in the oven and hopped in the shower thinking they would be fine. When I got out, I asked Sister Panmongkol if she would check on them. 

After I got dressed, I came out to see how they turned out, hoping they wouldn't be a little too brown. Sister Panmongkol said "Sister Froemming, I don't think you're gonna like this." 

"Oh no, I hope they're okay. I really want to have something to bring to our lunch." I thought. 

And then I laid my eyes on what used to be croissants but now looked like black coals. I was pretty sad. Until me and my companion looked at each other, and burst into laughter. Suddenly the worry was gone and I knew everything was going to be okay. 

For some reason, this experience really solidified a principle that I've been learning.

Christ has come. He truly has atoned. He's broken the bands of death. He lives this day and wants to help us. How can anything really, truly go permanently wrong when we know this? There is always repentance, healing, or enabling. No matter which way the situation goes, it will always be okay if we look to Him. He's provided a happy ending for every situation. (D&C 6:34-37)

I hope that we can just trust Him a little bit more. That even when we're tired, we can keep going and trust that He'll help us. That when we're feeling discouraged, we can trust that "this too shall pass" and that He will help us. That when we've made a mistake, we will get back up again and trust that He'll heal us. That when we feel fear, we will trust Him enough to feel His love instead. 

Please, let's all try to take advantage of the time we have here on the Earth. Of course, we can choose to be sad. It's easy to look around and see unfairness and suffering in our lives and the lives of others. But what good does it do? Let's try our best to see the good! Let's laugh instead of feeling angry, let's receive comfort instead of getting bitter, let's make plans instead of wallowing, let's learn from and not dwell on our mistakes.

I love you all, and I know you are probably doing better than you think you are.

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS!!!!

-GRAFTON / COFF'S HARBOUR!

Have I mentioned how much I love it up there? We had the opportunity to be with the lovely Sister Lui & Sister Koi of Grafton, and the adorable Sister Lewis & Sister Denny of Coff's Harbour.

I went on trade off with Sister Koi in Grafton and we had an amazing day! I really learned so much about personal prayer from her. I can't believe how much she has grown. I love being her companion! I always learn so much and so deeply.

(picture taken going over the bridge from South Grafton to Grafton)

I also was blessed to go on trade off with Sister Denny! She is a ray of pure light! She is powerful because she loves everyone so much. She is such a joy!




(Alex who we had a wonderful lesson with about the Gospel of Jesus Christ! :) Two days later, after reading the pamphlet four times, he has a baptismal date!!!) 

-My favorite lil Thai chili turned 25 this week. 

-Ange dropped us because her husband doesn't believe in God and she wants to be aligned with him. It was a tough one, but we testified to Ange that He does live, and invited her to never close the door on Him. She hopes that one day her husband will soften his heart. We pray that he will. & we're grateful we can record her name for future missionaries. 

-Luke's little cousin was in town and he's so sweet and helped pick out Sister Panmongkol's birthday present. We can't wait for Jacob to come to church one day! :) Luke is also preparing himself to be called as the first Australian prophet so get ready everyone. 


-We ate heaps of authentic Italian food at the Nolan's :) #mamamia #besuperhappy&donicethings

Have a fantastic week everyone! 

Rak na! 
SF

No comments:

Post a Comment