Monday, May 30, 2016

Countries, Charity and Charlestown

Sawadeeka family & friends!

I hope you are all happy! :) It's been a wonderful week here in Charlestown. We had an amazing ward activity & it was so great to see everyone come together.

This ward has taught me so much about love. Charlestown is honestly a big family. I've learned so much from the people here. They are so diverse but they are the most beautiful when they are united. 

I really believe that the key to this work is the pure love of Christ. When we see members and missionaries working together moved to action by charity we will truly take part in God's eternal work. 

"The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing... the truth of God with go forth boldly, nobly and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." 

I invite all of us to take the time throughout this week to plead with Heavenly Father in prayer for the pure love of Christ. Then, to look for opportunities to develop this divine quality. I promise that as we do this together, our hallowed hands will assist our Father in His work. Great joy awaits us.

In other news,

I'm leaving Charlestown. I am being transferred to Winston Hill which is a suburb of Sydney. It's a bit closer to the city than Emu Plains was. So back down to the "rat race" I go. ;) I'll miss the laid back beach people of Newcastle, but after praying about this transfer decision, I cannot deny that this is God's will. My new companion will be the beautiful & lovely Sister Vaiho! She came in with Sister Panmongkol and I. She is so sweet and Tahitian just like Sister Mapuhi! #bonjour #TahitiTrip2017isSoReal. I can't wait for the adventures that lie ahead in Winston Hills! Let's go! :)

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS!!!!!

-It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!!!! But it isn't.... #wrongsideoftheworld

-Setting up for/ cooking for / eating at / meeting people at / enjoying INTERNATIONAL FOOD NIGHT!!!! Honestly, it was the best. Some investigators, less actives, non members, and HEAPS of members all eating, and laughing, and enjoying together. The highlight of the night for me was when our elders performed a Fijian dance that they got Presiden't approval for. They were so into it and our ward was so shocked. It was pretty great. 


(I am currently trying to get video from any members who might have been present)


Here are more pics of the very fun evening:






(setting up! :) delizioso!) 













-TRADE OFF WITH SISTER WALKER! This girl is a beast. She just finished her first transfer and she is such a testimony that the new missionaries just keep getting better and better. What I love the most about her is that she follows the spirit. She is destined for mission greatness. ("My grandparents are kinda.... buds with the twelve")

-Johnny! His a miracle that we met while walking around Charlestown square doing some finding. 

-I've been wanting to take a picture with this sign with our Ward Mission Leader on it for three transfers, and this weekend I finally did haha. Gotta love Brother Jarvis!


-On Sunday, Michelle got it out of me that I was getting transferred. Then moments later, because we were having a combined 5th Sunday lesson, Bishop asked if any of the missionaries were getting transferred, and Elder Lord raised his hand, and then Michelle pointed me out haha. So I was blessed to be able to bear my testimony one last time to the Charlestown ward. 

-I have loved my time with my amazing companion Sister Panmongkol. I have learned so much from her about life, and trusting God's plan for us. Chan rak kun! 

Have a great week everyone!
Rak na, 
SF

No comments:

Post a Comment