Sunday, September 4, 2016

Miracles as Plentiful as the Rice I Eat!!

Sawadeeka family & friends!

It has been wonderful here in Greenwich! (Which I feel the need to tell you is pronounced gren-ich not green witch). 

Sister Ruengurai have had some transformation moments this week! Each day we are trying to break through the barriers and become more effective. We are getting a lot bolder in our approaches to talking with people. We are learning how to contact in a way that allows the person we are meeting to feel comfortable, to teach doctrine that is relevant to them personally, and to extend invitations that are tailored to their needs/interests. 

For the past two weeks, a simple scripture has been running through my mind: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." -Philippians 4:13.

 I believe wholeheartedly that this is true. There is no commandment, task, or situation that cannot be kept, completed, or overcome with Jesus Christ. My love for Him deepens continually. I know He loves us for who we are, but sees us for who we can become. He's always urging me to try a little harder, to be a little better. Not because He needs me to do His work, but because He wants me to experience the joy of His work. Because He wants me to see miracles, because He knows that the things He asks me to do will help me to become like Him. 

I bear my witness of His reality and of the perfect love He has for you. 

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS!

-Sister Ruengurai found a few really fantastic, really prepared people this week! We are in the follow up process, but we are so excited to see people progress! 

-We had an awesome lesson with our investigator Andrew Houseman! Before our lesson, he met a member at school who was so excited to fellowship Andrew and come to our lesson. Turns our this member was also a RM who's mom is an investigator who I taught in Winston Hills!!! 

-Sister Money's constant baking/life saving advice/amazing stories/laughter.




-David Li! His number was in the phone but missionaries hadn't been able to contact him for a while. We gave him a ring last week and he set an appointment with us! We were able to teach himon Friday and he recognised that our meeting was from God. We found out he lives in the City sisters area, but we are so grateful for the lesson we had with him. 

-One of the other companionships in the ward (there are 6 companionships total. SR & I are the only sisters) had a baptism! One of our favourite people, William, got baptized as well as the adorable Stephanie! Such a wonderful day. 

-My lovely companion. Honestly I am so blessed with this sister! She helps me more than I can say.

-This one #neverbored



-Life is great! The work is moving. People are prepared. We are always tired lol. & the food here is always good. 

I hope you all have a great week!
Rak na,
SF

No comments:

Post a Comment